Yoga Therapy for Neurological Wellbeing
Providing Individual Yoga Therapy Programs to Support:
Parkinson's disease - Motor Neurone disease
Alzheimer's disease - Huntington's disease
Brain cancer - Brain injury - Stroke recovery
Multiple Sclerosis - Early stage Dementia
Associated concerns such as:
- Balance, Gait & Memory
- Feelings of Loss, Anger, Grief, or Fear
- Speech and Swallowing
- Breath Awareness
- Digestive Health
- Disrupted Sleep
- Supporting the Family Carer
At Kinfolk Healing Yoga Therapy we are dedicated to working with you individually to help you improve your quality of life.
Yoga Therapy can help ease suffering and promote physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
What is Yoga Therapy all about?
- Yoga Therapy is the path towards finding harmony and wellness on an individual level.
- When you invest in a Yoga Therapy program we will work together over 3 sessions with a program designed just for you. This will include pre-session discussions and support throughout the program.
- I will teach you the tools to help you find ease, peace and healing, and show you how you can take control and incorporate these tools into your daily life.
- Yoga Therapy is not a yoga class. You do not need to be fit or flexible, or even own a yoga mat, to get the benefits of a yoga therapy program.
- Together we will explore your needs and create a therapeutic program, based on ancient practices blended with modern science, to support positive change.
My name is Silva and I have undertaken a lot of extensive training, since graduating as a yoga teacher, to become a qualified yoga therapist. I am also a Gerontologist and have decades of experience and interest in community health, specifically in the field of neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease and Dementia.
Yoga therapy is a credible, evidence-based therapy. It is linked to the fields of complementary and integrative medicine. We can work with you independently, or as part of your healthcare team.
Not sure if a Yoga Therapy program is for you? No worries at all. Send me an email with your questions and I will be in touch with you: [email protected]
***Did you know that your NDIS or Home Care Package funding may cover your expense to participate in this 3 week program? Ask your case manager / plan manager to get in touch with me.
If you are unable to travel and are not comfortable to work together online, please email me and we can talk about a home visit program instead (20km radius from Mordialloc).
“Yoga therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the teachings and practices of yoga.”
~ International Association of Yoga TherapistsReturn to Home Page